We offer a variety of trips suited to any level. Whether you are looking for a first time experience on glaciers or want to test yourself on a serious multi-day Alpine test-piece, we will have just the right selection of climbs and programs for you. We typically spend our summers in the Alps because the Alps offer some of the best terrain for Alpine climbing: quick access to glaciers, beautiful multi-pitch snow and rock routes, stunning ridge traverses, a comfortable hut system, and great food!
The Matterhorn, The Eiger and Mont Blanc — few mountains are as iconic, as historic and as beautiful as these three majestic peaks in the French and Swiss Alps. These are demanding climbs requiring excellent physical conditioning and strong movement skills on exposed rock and steep snow and ice. Each summit is generally run as a six-day program. This gives you time to develop the skills you need to climb the peaks and acclimate, and it provides you with some flexibility with regards to weather. These climbs are guided at a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio.
Other options in the Alps include:
- 4000m peaks in Switzerland, France and Italy
- Stunning ridge traverses such as the Arete de Rochefort, the Biancograt on the Bernina
- Beautiful granite rock climbs on the Envers de Aiguilles, in the Salbitschijen and the Grimsel pass
- Steep snow climbs such as the north face of the Tour Ronde, Triangle du Tacul, or the Kuffner Ridge
If you are looking for something closer to home, we can run trips through various guiding companies and offer trips in the North Cascades, Colorado, Rockies, Canada or Alaska. Some of these ascents could include:
- The Moose’s Tooth or Mt. Huntington in Alaska
- Mount Baker or the Torment/Forbidden Traverse in Washington
- The Diamond on Long’s Peak in Colorado